Thursday, June 6, 2013

Skip and Stroll on Castle Lands

I kind of like castles I guess. The Kanazawa castle grounds are pretty wide open. I like that feel but it didn't offer much to look at. There was a newer reconstructed section of castle wall that looked entirely out of place. I wasn't walking around out of interest at this point.

IMG_7657_2013 Nagano Trip

It makes me think of the Legend of the Mystical Ninja because there were some long castle sections in that game. You couldn't see them from such a view point but it was felt from the inside.

IMG_7662_2013 Nagano Trip

I had enjoyed Kenrokuen too much to really find much of this interesting.

IMG_7666_2013 Nagano Trip

One quick loop around the grounds and I went forward on my conquest of the Noto Peninsula.

1 comment:

Japan Australia said...

In recent times there has been a project to rebuild the historic buildings of the former castle. The Hishi Yagura, The Hashizume-mon Tsuzuki Yagura Watchtower and The Gojikken Nagaya were the first buildings to be reconstructed. They were completely rebuilt to their original appearance using traditional techniques and materials.

Post a Comment