Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Time Wasters

I've been reading a lot about photography and different finishing techniques using Photoshop. But this is mostly reading because I don't have any images that I want to work with right now.

In the meantime I decided to take a stab at a simple cinemagraph. Basically video turned into a gif file with isolated parts for movement. The effect is rather interesting. I think it's only achievable if the camera is fixed and not moving. This might lead into some interesting things later on. For the time being take a look at my simple little setup with a fan turned on. Notice the strings attached to the fan are frozen but the paper on the door flutters about.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mom said...

I don't understand how you did this but it's really cool! (no pun intended)

Post a Comment