Sunday, May 26, 2013

Shoot the Birds Down!

After leaving Kinosaki and rambling over roads unknown in the dark I arrived at my resting spot for the night. I kept thinking one road after another was the road that would spit me out at a beach parking lot. I hit a few dead ends and gave the late night farmers bewilderment on their faces when I pulled a u-turn in the most unlikely of spots. I eventually found a path and rolled onto a short dune near the shore of the Japanese sea. It got cold but the waves lulled me to sleep.

IMG_7304_2013 Nagano Trip

The early morning light woke me. There was no sense in trying to sleep more. The peninsula in the distance was beckoning me near. Sleeping there on that beach was freeing. So often with traveling the question of lodging is wearisome. But with my trusty car, anywhere was my bed.

IMG_7310_2013 Nagano Trip

Red in morning sailors take warning. That old saying was no foreshadowing for the day however. The morning never found the strength to brew a storm.

IMG_7314_2013 Nagano Trip


IMG_7315_2013 Nagano Trip

A pair of monkeys was up to no good but pleasantly posed for a photo.

IMG_7326_2013 Nagano Trip

I found a walking path to an old light house. Once again it was quite the climb. My sweat profusely climbed out my pores.

IMG_7336_2013 Nagano Trip

Seeing these light houses make me feel a little nostalgic. I want to see the beautiful ones of the great lakes. I can't say I ever saw many but they have a style all their own. Was it Reading Rainbow where Levar visited one? The man living inside built ships in bottles. It seemed the perfect life.

IMG_7331_2013 Nagano Trip

I was half expecting these bird watchers to kill the birds with their massive lenses. I don't think I've ever seen such serious bird watchers/photographers before.

IMG_7343_2013 Nagano Trip

And remember, this is Japan. HI GUYZ WAZZUP!?

IMG_7346_2013 Nagano Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment