Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Uradome Kaigan

After feeling giddy from the splendid weather and stroll around the sand dunes, I got in the car to follow the coast line all the way to Kinosaki. I had no idea what it would look like and figured I would be pleasant surprised along the way.

IMG_7174_2013 Nagano Trip

I rolled up to a pretty little spot and noticed from the nearby map that there was a Geo Park running a long length of the coast line. I ALMOST kept driving, reminding myself there was always so much to see. I crushed that thought to pieces the next instant. I hadn't come all the way from the land of four kingdoms to not see all that I could.

IMG_7183_2013 Nagano Trip

The rocks had lovely shades of brown and orange tinges. The sky was a deep blue. The water a emerald swirl of whites and complimenting hues.

IMG_7198_2013 Nagano Trip

One regret of mine from the trip is that I didn't try to capture more candid moments of the environment and people. I have been contemplating that relation a lot recently.

IMG_7200_2013 Nagano Trip

The Geo Park in Kochi is quite flat and easily winds amongst the craggy sea rocks. There was no telling from the map what kind of ups and downs I would have to commit to.

IMG_7204_2013 Nagano Trip

You have to give to receive. You have to give your body to the malevolent gods of nature.

IMG_7207_2013 Nagano Trip

That sounds a bit heretic.

IMG_7213_2013 Nagano Trip


I was breathing hard and the sweat had soaked through my back. I couldn't have been grinning wider.

IMG_7221_2013 Nagano Trip

The trail kept going on past the light house to another point of interest. I descended the path a few yards and scoffed. I wasn't going to let those malevolent beings get the best of me. With a gulp of water I turned back to enjoy the views some more.

IMG_7225_2013 Nagano Trip


IMG_7233_2013 Nagano Trip


IMG_7236_2013 Nagano Trip

It was nice to get back to the car and move forward.

IMG_7261_2013 Nagano Trip

IMG_7268_2013 Nagano Trip

Lots of sunlight was left but it would soon fade.

IMG_7255_2013 Nagano Trip

IMG_7276_2013 Nagano Trip

It gently put the weary fishing villages to sleep.

IMG_7277_2013 Nagano Trip

IMG_7280_2013 Nagano Trip

IMG_7285_2013 Nagano Trip

IMG_7292_2013 Nagano Trip

I guess Korea doesn't feel so far away now.

IMG_7293_2013 Nagano Trip


3 comments:

Edward J. Taylor said...

one of my favorite walks...

Mom said...

can't choose a fav but the pix under the pix of the lighthouse is in the running for 1st place. did you think I might choose this one? but truthfully, it's impossible to pick just one. thanks for the insight into your vacation! :)

blaine said...

I'm really happy I went there Ted. I was surprised how beautiful it was.

Mom, I didn't think you would choose that one! It has the worst exposure of the bunch because the sun was over to the left and there was no good angle to shoot the rocks otherwise. You will like more as they come.

Post a Comment