Friday, August 19, 2011

First Week Back Finished Like A True Pro

My right arm is feeling strained from sitting at the computer too much. This can't be helped.

It's not like I am wasting my time at the computer. I'm using it as a valuable study tool. Today was highly productive and I started looking at grammar for the N2 Japanese proficiency exam. A book that I was thinking of buying was located somewhere on the internet and I can know begin preparations instead of wait. I remember reading some of this book when I was doing by first teaching observation. I found it so hard to understand most of the example vocabulary. As continued study has shown, my comprehension continues to improve on all levels. (speaking maybe...) I'm feeling kind of excited about the prospect of taking the proficiency exam. That drives me to keep studying and learning new things.

This morning I told the baseball team members that tomorrow I was going to die. They probably don't have any framework that can contain me. That's good. They don't need to figure it out or want to anyway so we will have an eternal relationship of misunderstanding and confusion. Great.

It's been about 5 years now since I first walked into the Japanese classroom. Formal classroom instruction is only about 3 1/2 years though. It's time to push onward and get my Japanese up to a high level.

Time for the weekend. I want to find a river but dad told me I shouldn't go alone. I will take his advice as I can imagine slipping on a algae covered rock and breaking my neck wouldn't be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment