Thursday, August 25, 2011

Soaked Up

It was rather rainy today. I like the rain sometimes, if it doesn't complicate my life. Even though it makes the temperature a bit cooler the humidity is still high. By the time I walk anywhere outside I'm working up a nice sweat as usual. I didn't grab my umbrella when I walked home for lunch thinking I made a wise decision based on cloud formation. A few minutes on my way home the rain starts to drizzle and is eventually raining pretty heavily. I didn't bother to try to save myself and got soaking wet. I just changed all the clothes after lunch and was fine. It was kind of a long afternoon and I was uncomfortable at my desk. So freeing to get home and relax.

As I didn't have much else to do other than sit on the computer. I thought I would take a stab at making pretzels. I had been thinking about it for a while and seemed like it would be a very delicious endeavor regardless of the end result. Cooked dough in an oven no matter how bland or.... I was going to say overcooked but I take that back. I DON'T like overcooked bread. From raw soupy dough to cooked perfection is all right.

Without too many mundane details just take a look at my picture and wish you were eating these. Not bad for the first time.

First Batch of Pretzels Ever

Quick simple dough, short boil, bake in the oven, let cool. Tasty pretzels in a land that pretzels don't show up in. I feel satisfied. So what is next? Cheesecake?

No comments:

Post a Comment